Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dr. Mauro offers public support to Mayor

Dear Mayor DeStefano:

I am sure you viewed the end of last nigh'ts board meeting, and saw both Mr. Geiger and Dr. Eastwood prohibited my ability to ask about the changes in the student to teacher ratio in the high school. This figure is a good indicator of school crowding. Rather than answer my question, Mr. Geiger tried to silence me and give Dr Eastwood the last word on the topic. Even in his obfuscating reply to my question, Dr. Eastwood never gave the changes in the teacher to student ratio in the high school for the past few years. Instead, Mr. Geiger, Mr. Estrada and Dr. Eastwood tried to characterize me in the eyes of the public as merely a disruptive board member. These attempts at silencing freedom of speech are neither nothing new, nor confined only to me. I remember when they would not allow you to speak about the PLA issue at a board meeting, and you are aware of their federal lawsuit with Mr. Hoefer. By silencing us, Mr. Geiger and Dr. Eastwood are denying the the public their right to know, and are taking away our freedom of speech.

I like many people in the area are well aware of the propaganda campaign of misinformation Dr. Eastwood has waged against you and the city government over the sewer issue. From my own dealings with Dr. Eastwood, I neither believe nor trust him. With his majority of lackeys on the board, it is unlikely that the board will deviate from his position on the current sewer issue. Although I am well aware of how Dr. Eastwood and other board members have damaged my public reputation, for what it is worth, I would like to offer you my confidence and support as mayor.

Please have my comments circulated within the city government.

Thank you.

Regards,

Dr. Nicholas A. Mauro